Lemmi Winks replied

645 weeks ago

Same here. FFXIV doesn't even support 2 gpus in windowed mode I don't think, unless they fixed that. I've never been a fan of 2 cards anyway.

Scorchy Worchy HD Members replied

645 weeks ago

yeah not for window mode but thats all i play. also many other games have shitty sli/xfire drivers.

Akamu Aniketos Admin replied

645 weeks ago

The i5 is a good choice, you can kick that clock up higher then mine. Don't bother buying an amd if you do emualtion.

The video card is good but pretty ridiculous in price, you don't need to spend that much. Nvidia gpu > Ati only because the difference in performance. There are certain games that don't work as good with an ati gpu.

SSD, I would buy one with more space. To install other games.

I use a 120gb mushkin. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226225

I paid $300 for that drive, I wish I could have paid $300 for the 240gb

Can't go wrong with the mushkin drives, they are reliable (MTBF is high), very fast (one of the highest in SSD) and they aren't over priced.

last edited 645 weeks ago by Akamu Aniketos

Scorchy Worchy HD Members replied

645 weeks ago

i had mushkin ram sticks and they died fast so im never going mush again. the crucial had alot of good ratings so i went with that and only want to put certain games i actually play on my ssd along with windows ofc.

i originally planned to go with the 560 ti and overclock it since i heard it can match a 570 but then said fuck it i wanna let my epeen shine

Kyu HD Members replied

645 weeks ago

depending on:
- does your current build still work > i would wait
- does it not > purchase a new grafic card now

normaly i would agree to that and just go out and buy a new one.
but this will be actually a major technology jump, which why i would wait for that.

Akamu Aniketos Admin replied

645 weeks ago

\
i had mushkin ram sticks and they died fast so im never going mush again. the crucial had alot of good ratings so i went with that and only want to put certain games i actually play on my ssd along with windows ofc.

i originally planned to go with the 560 ti and overclock it since i heard it can match a 570 but then said fuck it i wanna let my epeen shineScorchy Worchy

You just got unlucky with the ram sticks, I have mushkin sticks and they are solid, with low timings and lifetime warranty. (When buying computer parts get as many lifetime warranties as you can)

Corsair is a solid choice though, one of the few brands I would buy from.

My 120 ssd = 111, so 64 would be about 55gb, modern games are like 10 gigs on average to install.

The motherboard you picked is a good choice too, just in case your video card craps out, you can either ship it out and still be able to use your onbaord, or have an advanced rma from evga who you can call 24/7.

This is the cheapest I would go for a gaming build: (Video Card)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130604

I have this gpu: (They don't sell this one anymore)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127569

The fans are very cheap and break easy, I have to send mine back. (left fan is broken) But I can play two ff14's at the same time in HD no problem.

…Oh yeah, don't forget to register your video card within 30 days of buying it for EVGA to give you lifetime warranty. It's dumb that you HAVE to register, other companies just give you the damn warranty.

What power supply did you get? (Nevermind saw what you got on the first page)

Corsair is the top choice in psu's if you want to save money, one of the OCZ's are not bad also. Go modular ALWAYS.

last edited 645 weeks ago by Akamu Aniketos

Sarik replied

645 weeks ago

So let me get this str8 one card with 2gig of video is better than an SLI bridge.

Kaishu Admin replied

645 weeks ago

Nope, 2 GTX560Ti beat the GTX580.
The 2-3gig of video dont matter unless you play in higher resolution than Full HD.

Sarik replied

645 weeks ago

I got a gtx 580 and was thinking of buying a hi end barebones and migrating my parts over.. Buying another.. But does the video card have to be exactly the same?
Please log in to post a reply.