Tenkenkobra Admin replied

663 weeks ago

[dev1072] Abolition of Physical Levels / Attribute Point Revisions

* These revisions, planned for patch 1.19, are still in development, and therefore subject to change.

Patch 1.19 will see the abolition of physical levels.
Along with this change, the following adjustments will be made:

Abolition of Attribute and Element Points
Attribute and element points will be abolished, and character development will be automated based on class level. A system whereby players can voluntarily allocate attribute points to each class will be implemented in patch 1.20 or later, along with class balance adjustments.

Introduction of Automated Character Development
Automated character development will be implemented in patch 1.19, and will entail the following changes:

* The growth curve will be revised, with each gain in level to be accompanied by greater increases in attributes.

* Attributes will be made to have greater impact.

* The impact of attributes will decrease as players gain in level; however, the benefits granted by gear will be increased.

* Player accuracy will be increased slightly.

* Race-based differences will be limited to the starting attributes.

Revisions to Terminology
The following in-game terms will be renamed.

Skill points -> Experience points
Rank -> Level

last edited 663 weeks ago by Tenkenkobra

663 weeks ago

yay! i can say exp party again!

Master Yoda Admin replied

663 weeks ago

yey, I can say I can be happy to be other classes with out min maxing now yey. NUmber 1 reason I refused to be other classes till now lol.
May the force be with you.

663 weeks ago

everyone will be in equal terms now. so extra stats will be based on gear. Hopefully those stats do get some nice boost.

Also wondering how will this affect food. U cant allocate points to stats or element for food boost.

663 weeks ago

ya definitively I am really happy with this change if you can't tell lol. I like how the level stats will be worth less at higher levels when compared to gear stats that almost perfectly says that gear will scale well hopefully. or at least make the grind worth the gear lol.

663 weeks ago

ill still grind with lv 50 gear!

Juniperacai Admin replied

663 weeks ago

about time
though im not happy about race biased stats

Scorchy Worchy HD Members replied

663 weeks ago

FAIL BACK TO BEING 1 SHOTTED BY THE EYE.

663 weeks ago

they already said the higher level you are the less stats from levels will matter so I am guessing at level 50 race stats will not matter that much anyway

Belial replied

663 weeks ago

See, I'm very, very skeptical about this system.

FFXIV was plagued with issues from overly complicated & incomplete systems.

A system based on changing the effects of attribute points as levels increase, and making gear attributes more beneficial at higher levels, seems like another case of over-complication.

Seriously… go with the cut and dry stats, make complicated PUZZLES for people to play with, leave that ridiculous shit out of algorithms and modifiers.
Please log in to post a reply.